Continue the Conversation Questions
WHAT WILL BE > here and now
Scripture Reference: Mark 6:16-29
Discuss the following questions with your Mini-Church:
1. Mark 6:14-29 is a reflection and historical account of the death of John the Baptist. Read together and discuss who the main characters are and the roles they play in the story. In what ways do the main characters uniquely contribute to the outcome of John’s execution? Discuss.
2. John’s confrontation with King Herod about the sin in his life was “the beginning of the end” for John. What emotions often stir in us when we are confronted on our own sin and bad behavior? Do we react angrily when corrected like King Herod? Or do we respond with grace and a repentant heart? Share.
3. In what ways (even as Christ followers) do we fail to stand up for the truth? Where is our focus when we struggle telling the truth and receiving the truth? Is there a time this has happened to you? Share.
4. John the Baptist courageously prepared the way for Jesus and suffered because of it. What does this story reveal about discipleship, suffering and our need for a Savior?
5. In a season when many disconnected people are open to investigating the claims of Jesus Christ, who are you building relationship with, praying for and boldly share the Gospel? Who will you invite to join us in worship this Easter?