Continue the Conversation Questions
The Mystery of Suffering | Scripture Reference: Job 2:11-13
Discuss the following questions with your Small Group:
- Who was a good friend to you growing up? Are you still close with him or her? Share some qualities of a “good” friend?
- Job had friends that sat with him in his grief – have you ever sat with someone while they were suffering? Share.
- Have you ever been speechless when someone was suffering? Did you try to muster up some wisdom anyway? How did that go?
- Besides the Lord, do you have any friends who you can call any time of the day? Good and bad?
- If you had friends who had your best interest at heart, who encouraged you, and longed to see you grow closer to God…would that make life easier to navigate? What stops you from seeking those types of friendships out?
- How can our Small Group partner with you, and help share your burdens? Take time to write down requests. Take time to pray and continue to pray for others throughout the week.